AIMS monitors all parameters of your application. Microsoft SQL Server is a crucial component of a Microsoft BizTalk Server environment. The SQL agent is capable of automated monitoring of any SQL server using the same features as seen on the BizTalk agent; deep performance monitoring, self-learning of parameter behavior, and automated anomaly detection. The AIMS Microsoft SQL Server agent monitors 30+ parameters and data within the following main areas:
- Performance: All Stored Procedures, Databases, Memory usage stats, CPU usage, I/O activities, server wait stats, historical blocking information, missing indexes and more.
- Health: Logical disk volumes, database parameters (size, distribution, recovery model, log file utilization + +), database sizes, error captures, maintenance plan jobs, scheduled jobs and more.
- Configuration: OS build settings, SQL server settings and configuration, memory settings, CPU processor/parallelism settings, virtual page size and more.
- Security: Accounts, remote servers, database and user rights including DBO.
You can chart all parameters provided by the agents connected to AIMS.
- From the AIMS environments page, go to the environment you wish to monitor.
- On the top menu, select Analytics and create a new report, or add a new block to an existing one.
- On the new report page, select ‘+ block’ to add a new block to the report.
Select ‘Chart’ to start editing the report and use the parameters you wish to explore.
- There are two different ways to select the parameters:
- Select a system before choosing your parameter, allowing you to narrow down the parameter list to system level.
- Start looking for the parameter you wish to display, by scrolling down the provided list or by typing in the name.
6. After selecting one or more parameter(s) a graphical chart will display the needed information,
providing insight into the selected BizTalk parameters.