The agent must be installed directly on the Microsoft SQL Servers you want to monitor (no remote connection). The SQL agent will monitor the selected instance on a server.
The agent service account must be a member of the local administrators group The agent service account must be given "sysadmin" rights on the Microsoft SQL Server. The agent service account must be granted "logon as a service" The agent uses ports 80 / 443 (HTTP / HTTPS)
- If you have not already created an environment, please see this article before proceeding
- Right click the installer and select "run as administrator".
- Select the environment the agent should connect to
- Have the installer create a new system "create a new system"
- Provide SQL instance name, authentication method (Windows / SQL authentication) and the credentials
- Provide credentials for the agent service account
- Review the summary page.