The agent must be installed on the Microsoft Windows Servers you want to monitor.
For full services monitoring (inc cpu & mem usage per service), the service account must be granted "local administrator" access. If you do not need this, or have restrictions on "local administrator", please skip this part and proceed with the prerequisites below.
The agent service account must be a member of the "Performance Monitor Users" group on the server you want to monitor
The agent service account must be a member of the "Performance Log Users" group on the server you want to monitor
The agent service account must be granted "log on as a service"
The agent uses ports 80 / 443 (HTTP / HTTPS)
- If you have not already created an environment, please see this article before proceeding
- Right click the installer and select "run as administrator".
- Select the environment the agent should connect to
- Have the installer create a new system "create a new system"
- Provide credentials for the agent service account
- Review the summary page.
To enable the agent with logging, install from cmd with 'msiexec /i "AIMS Windows Server Agent.msi" /l*v log.log'
Once the agent is installed, it will start collecting data at pre-configured intervals.